Matthew C Good
730 Shadowood Dr, Nashville, TN 37205
(This is the omnibus resume – it contains information pertaining to all of my areas of expertise.Â You may be more interested my web development resume, or my music production resume instead, which are more focused.)
Web Developer, Goldleaf Financial Solutions, Inc.
Brentwood, TN (August 2006 – Present)
- Built industry-leading A/R Financing web application as part of a team using C##, ASP.NET, PL/SQL, and client-side technologies like CSS, jQuery, and ASP.NET AJAX
- Worked on all areas of the A/R application. Optimized & simplified stored procedures for search functionality, wrote code-behind & custom server controls, and became the de facto UI and usability engineer on the project
- Maintained legacy applications. Fixed SQL injection vulnerabilities in PHP websites, modified IBM Notes web forms & databases, assisted other departments with CSS & Flash development questions, updated the corporate web site, etc.
- Received a promotion and a 27% increase in compensation over the course of 2.5 years
Software Developer, Oak Brook Community Church
Oak Brook, IL (Summer & Winter 2005, Summer 2006)
- Built automated podcast system in C# utilizing XML (RSS) and FTP
- Personally produced informational CD-ROM showcasing the church. This included producing the audio and video content as well as creating the application itself with Flash and ActionScript.
- Worked with other staff to implement barcode-based attendance system
Studio Manager, Greenville College Music Department
Greenville, IL (August 2005 – May 2006)
- Managed, maintained, & supported high-end recording studio using Apple G5 computers and Digidesign ProTools HD hardware
- Assisted and tutored peers with troubleshooting of hardware, software, and audio problems
B.S Computer Science, Contemporary Music, Greenville College, Greenville, IL (2002-2006)
- 3.87 Cumulative GPA (Magna Cum Laude) – Dean’s List
- Greenville College Presidential Scholarship award winner, Carrier & Grant Scholarship winner
- Extra-Curricular activities included performing in String Ensemble & writing for the school paper
- Personally recognized in Presidentâ€™s final address to Student Body for academic excellence
- Coursework included courses in data structures (using Java), database management, system foundations, computer science theory, networking, systems analysis & design, and applied operating systems.
Training and Certifications
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, .NET Framework 3.5 ASP.NET Applications (December 2008)
- Oracle Database 10g: Program with PL/SQL training course (May 2008)
- MS2546 & MS2547 CoreÂ & Advanced Windows Forms Technologies with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 training courses (October 2007)
- MS2543 & MS2544 Core & Advanced Web Application Technologies with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 training courses (August 2007)
- Digidesign Pro Tools 101 Certification
(References available upon request)
Better Days Ahead – You Loved Me When (2003)
Co-produced with Andrew Soemo at Greenville College’s studios.
5 Penny Theater – Another One Band Show (year)
Engineered at my home studio.
Thirstborne – Let Me Fly (2003)
Played violin parts on the single “Let Me Fly” and ran live sound for several tour dates with the band.
Solafide / Dear Future – Unreleased demos (2005)
Recorded several demos with the band at Greenville College’s studios.
Amnesty Letters – EP & songs (2003-2006)
Recorded 2 songs with the band for an EP, then later joined the band and recorded several more songs for an album. Also tracked the band live to demo new songs.
Photoside Cafe – Album Name (2005)
Recorded and mixed several songs for this band in Greenville Colleges new relocated studios.
Conrad – The Shortest Distance Between Two Points (2006)
My solo project. Performed, recorded, mixed all songs, and wrote them all (except for one Cash cover) as well. Recorded in a number of locations including Greenville College’s studios (old and new locations), the upstairs of a house, and the basement of a house.
She Likes Todd – Outta Line in 99 (1999)
Recorded and mixed this fun and raw punk album at my home studio.
Berry – Unreleased live recordings
Multitrack recording and mixing using my own studio equipment for the band’s live show at Greenville College.
Lexington – Unreleased live recordings
Multitrack recording using my own equipment of the band’s show at Greenville College. This project was mixed by my friend Chase Macri.
Various Senior Recitals for graduating music students (2002-2006)
Music students were required to perform a juried recital before graduating, and have it recorded. These varied stylistically from solo voice and piano accompaniment to full band arrangements for contemporary guitarists. They typically involved many style changes, instrumentation changes, guest musicians, and a full lighting/sound installation as well. In addition, since these were live concerts, there was only one chance to get them right. I tracked and mixed recordings for many graduates of Greenville College using my own equipment during my time there, and was one of the sought-after engineers for this purpose.
A work-in-progress to web-enable my fishtank.Â The Fishapp consists of various sensors to monitor aquarium water quality parameters, lights and servos, etc, to control various parameters of the tank (such as LED moonlighting, fish-feeders, etc), a webcam, and a PHP / MySQL web application to track, graph, and control the fishtank.Â The Fishapp is open to other users on the internet in a limited form – they can register with the site and manuallyÂ (or via an API) add their own parameter readings for their fish tanks.
A joke Google Maps mashup created to geotag and display photos of my friends all over the world (wearing a particular funny shirt).Â Built with PHP, MySQL (using spatial datatpe extensions), jQuery, and the Google Maps API.
An upcoming project to be launched with my friend Kate Netzler.Â The magazine will attempt to live in the space between a trip to a museum and an advanced degree in a subject – i.e. it will offer an entertaining look at a given subject, exploring its implications and connections in a more comprehensive manner than most general-interest features attempt.